Saturday, November 14, 2009

On The Way Back From Somewhere

I took this beautiful photograph through the car window on the way back from somewhere. The sky was turning from light to dark (dark-thirty, as Janet and I like to say), the shadows were growing longer and day was quickly turning into night. Cold weather was on its way and the contrails looked like giant feathers.
The honeysuckle in the back garden has donned its fall berries in bright orange just in time for the Thanksgiving season.
The beauty-berry bush has only recently decided to turn it's berries purple. This is the bush in the back garden bed. The other beauty-berry bushes around the yard have been purple for about a month. The timing of nature is a curiousity.

2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

These photos are all beautiful Shirley. I enjoyed them all especially the David Austin rose at your header. We have a lot of old David Austin roses and we just bought 9 more rose bushes that were on sale at the nursery. I have all their names because I don't want to forget what they are. The scent on his roses are out of this world. Unfortunately he is no loner with us and now his son carries on his work. Have a great weekend.

amelia said...

Lovely pictures!
Seeing your honeysuckle makes me wish I could smell it again. Where we live is too harsh for honeysuckle and even in the south of Ontario it doesn't have a scent. Being born and raised in England, I am used to sweet smelling honeysuckle. It's the same with sweet peas. No scent at all but in England, very sweet scent.
I wonder why?