Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Chores and Nothing But Chores

There's a lot to do out here all the time. But spring and summer bring a plethora of chores. It's just the season that keeps on giving. First, the gate light needed changing because it was dark as pitch out there last night.

 Then, I noticed that the snowball crepe myrtle was starting to bloom and that certainly was worthy of a comment or two. I talk to my plants all the time, letting them know when they are doing a "good job".  So the crepe myrtle received many compliments this morning.
 And, of course, since the birds are nesting and fledging, the feeders always need filling.
 The new bean plants are full of blooms and should be setting beans very soon.
 Here is the little salad section; the lettuce and the tomatoes with the eggplant trying to catch up.
 The dwarf sunflowers are finally beginning to bloom. Plants get three chances in my yard and then, they hit the compost pile. I think the word is getting around.

2 comments:

Connie said...

You are generous. Plants get 1 chance in my yard! If they can't make it where I put them, I don't bring them back. They have to be tough enough to last on their own. They only get watered when we are in drought conditions. That's the rules!

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

I love that you a growing your own food!