Sunday, November 2, 2008

Finally Finished

The altered book is finally finished. After weeks of searching for embellishments, I have finally put them all together and am very happy with the results. It took me a really long time to decide what to put on all the pages. I searched through many old relics; books, quilts, old cards and envelopes, sealing wax, you get the picture. On these pages are pressed flowers from long-ago trips, old birthday cards from when I was a child, pieces of an old quilt, and fragments of old lace. This book is about dreams. On each page is a quote about dreaming but there is also room on each page for private thoughts, wishes, and desires. I love this kind of art work. It takes much patience and the work evolves around found objects and new thoughts. It is a good discipline for me since it requires me to slow down.

4 comments:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

wow is this beautiful. i am very impressed.

Minx's Den said...

Hi Shirley!
Glad to meet you! Here's how you get to my etsy shop...

minxden.etsy.com

I will leave a comment in my own blog where you left your comment in case you check my blog again. Thanks!

-minxden

Minx's Den said...

p.s. I love that collage!

A bird in the hand said...

Bravo! A labor of love, and it looks very good too..