Sunday, April 12, 2009

Artistry In The Garden

I have no new art to show because I am working on a series that is not ready yet. I have the idea and I have one of the images created but my creativity is blocked. Therefore, I garden. These are some of my new butterfly plants. I love pink and red salvia and am having wonderful luck with lavender this year also.
I love the way the plants sway in the breeze, particularly when a butterfly lands on a flower and weighs it down. The Knock Out Rose is almost as tall as the yard umbrella in the back garden.

As always, the art and garden assistant watches carefully over the proceedings. This perch is Cocoa's favorite spot as it allows her to watch out the window without exerting too much effort.

2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Gardening is our favorite way to spend a day. We always plant our veggies. Right now we are doing a gated arch that will be painted and have roses growing up onto it. Oh how exciting. Hope your Easter was great. Take care.

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

beautiful, beautiful - lavender is one of my favorites too! i didn't think mine was going to make it from last year BUT it is growing and FAB. now i am waiting to see what the bougainvillea will do!