Sunday, April 19, 2009

Work In Progress; How Long Will This Take?

I've been working on this piece for at least three weeks and before that, it was dancing around in my head at all hours of the day and night. I am still not finished although I'm a lot closer now than I have been. I knew as soon as I saw these glass knobs that I would use them in this fashion.
At first I wanted to call this "Just Because I Have Boobs Doesn't Mean I Don't Have Brains." But then, Janet gave me this phrase and the piece has become, " A Woman Uses the Currency She's Born With." Both are very biting, I think. And so, just a little more to go. Or maybe a lot.

7 comments:

GlorV1 said...

It really looks great. Very artistic indeed. I like that saying as well. Actually both titles were great. Thx for sharing.

Minx's Den said...

Hey Shirl!

it's been so long! I have been real busy, but I have not forgotten about you! how have you been!

love,
Lauren

Lisa Cook said...

Absolutely wonderful statement and interpretation. Lovin' those "knobs!"

Minx's Den said...

Awww bless your heart, Shirl! I read your comment in my recent post, I can assure you I have been real busy, in good ways...but of course I never forget about my blogging friends! but now I have some time to myself, and I can blog a little more again!

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

it may be slow going but what you have so far is amazing! you can't be 'lickety split' every time!

GlorV1 said...

Shirley, that music is awesome. I heard it at Darlene's blog because she asked me to listen to it and I knew I had to have it to. Go for it. Have a great week ahead.

elizabethrosasjewelry said...

this is an amazing collage!