Friday, May 22, 2009

Sunflower Wants the Sun


It has been raining for five straight days and this sunflower wants the sun back. Actually, I am the one who wants the sun back even though it will make everything extremely humid. After all, this is Florida!! As I anticipate a three day weekend in honor of Memorial Day, rain could be good though. I have two new books from the library; The Story of Edgar Sawtell and Scarpetta, the new book by Patricia Cornwell. So I could read. And I believe my next collage has finally taken shape in my head so I could work on that. The beans in the garden will be ready to pick by Sunday or Monday....I have never grown beans so this is very exciting. And I need to pick the last of the lettuce which has been fantastic. The property needs to be mown, the beds trimmed, and mulch spread. Just another day in paradise...for which I am very grateful.

2 comments:

amelia said...

Our sunflowers are not even out of the ground yet! It's so nice to see one that is already growing and flourishing!!!

GlorV1 said...

Sounds like a fun time. I too have been picking red leaf lettuce and we are starting to get squash. I've gotten potatoes (red) and onions and lots of garlic. I think that's what life is all about, gardening so that one can watch life come to be. Have a great weekend. I can hardly wait to see your new collage.