Sunday, May 3, 2009

New Artistic Playthings

Janet bought me a Pocket Field Sketch box, water colors for traveling. I tried out my sketchpad yesterday while sitting on the back steps. I haven't had to courage to use color yet but may do that today. Small pages are easy to work with; not quite as intimidating as a large sheet of watercolor paper. I never fancied myself as a sketching or drawing artist but I'm trying to just let myself go without being judgmental about my product.


This jar of buttons is a prize I found at a yard sale on Friday morning. I got up really early so I could get to the sale before going to work. I love old buttons and was excited to find this unique assortment. I plan to use some of them in my next collage which is already taking up space in by brain. I have been wanting to construct a collage with a religious theme and am finally ready to tackle it. I can see these buttons embellishing an altar of some sort.

2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Can hardly wait to see what you do with the buttons and also the sketch looks pretty good. Thx for sharing. Have a great week.

A bird in the hand said...

Your sketch is great -- I hope you'll let yourself go with the watercolors and paint outside the lines as well as in...

(another favorite word of mine: duende) Colette