Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's Sunday

It's Sunday and we have begun to decorate for Christmas. I use the term "decorate" loosely because we have decided to be minimalists this year and not put up a tree. We have so many different kinds of items to decorate with that sometimes it's hard to decide what to use. For the past three years, our lighted moose has been relegated to a shelf in the shed. Today, we decided that he should come out to play for the holiday season. We typically don't fall for the lighted animal types of things but since Janet's alter ego is a moose, we couldn't resist this guy whose head moves back and forth when plugged in. We have placed him under the plum tree so that he is slightly obscured from the road but still visible. You would think that we live in a neighborhood with many passersby instead of out in the country. That's ok. At least we see it and the grand kids will see it when they visit.

We plan to use our collection of stuffed bears and moose for the inside of the house. This plan will keep it simple for us and yet give us some festive spirit for the guests we have invited for Christmas dinner. I was watching a TV show yesterday about decorating and saw an idea I would like to try. Plain branches in tall bottles with small ornaments hanging from each branch. I might give that a try just to do something different. It would fit with our "living in the country" and decorating with a lighted moose theme. What do you think?


1 comment:

Minx's Den said...

well i did just the opposite this year as far as decorating for xmas, my house is cluttered to the brim with decorations! I also found the box I was looking for a year after moving to nebraska full of my art pieces, and even the piece I bought from your etsy shop, remember it? (I hung it up in my studio!) and I decorated my whole house with my art pieces (I have accumulated alot!) I am becoming a pack rat!