Friday, November 5, 2010

Last Minute Things To Do

I am sure that there is much more to do before leaving for Cuba on Sunday but these are the things I THINK I have left to do:

* Worry one more time that my suitcase weighs too much
* Count my money one more time to be sure I have enough
* Worry that the hurricane will go more easterly than expected
* Worry again about the airplane that crashed in Cuba this morning
* Stuff more little soaps in my suitcase to leave for the Cuban people
* Eat a lot because I don't think I'll eat that much in Cuba
* Make sure I take Janet's camera away from her so I can take it with me
* List one more thing on Etsy so I can worry that I'll sell a lot while I'm away and won't be home to ship it
* Feel proud that I finished reading The Cuba Diaries that Shannon instructed me to read
* Re-read my friend Iris' book that she wrote about her childhood in Cuba
* Listen to El Cuarto de Tula by the Buena Vista Social Club which I have been singing all day
* Listen to El Tiempo Pasa by Mercedes Sosa that I sang all day yesterday
* Look, one more time, on the computer for photographs of Cuba that I have not seen already
* Bleach my mustache so I look like an Americana (like that could happen)
* Speak Spanish in my head so I am ready when I land in Havana
* Print my boarding pass
* Stay awake all night Saturday like I do before any trip I take

5 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Safe travels Shirley. Have some Cuban coffee for me. Who is taking care of your family pet member? I wish you well.

amelia said...

Please feed all those poor stray dogs for me...

elizabethrosasjewelry said...

great list Shirley...Shannon had her moustache waxed right off

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

i, too, have a list a MILE long but yours cracked me up!
can't wait to see you in Miami mom!
Cuba or bust!

Minx's Den said...

hey shirl! guess what! I am back into the blogging world! I still have to figure out how to revamp my blog site!
hope all is well with you!
-Lauren :)