Monday, September 12, 2011

Bright Eyed and Rested

On the road to Paducah, Ky and the American Quilt Museum. Will try to post pictures but I'm having a little trouble with my transfer software from the iphone to the ipad. I'll get it figured out. We had a great night's sleep, primarily because we were at a pristine, wonderful campground with beautiful trees, and immaculately kept grounds. Cocoa slept through the night without re-arranging herself numerous times in my bed so that was a plus for me. Jan and I were even able to take a lovely walk in the cool air before heading out this morning.

Jan got to check out a rack set-up for canoe and bicycles similar to what she has in mind for our truck----a great find.

Greatly enjoyed the rolling terrain of Tennessee and views of foothills and mountains in the distance. Roads are excellent with no construction woes. We are beginning to see signs of fall. Maples are beginning to turn with yellowing and an occasional flash of red. We've seen several flashes of crimson sumac and in the morning fog, we are seeing the first slight yellowing of birches along the roadside.

Later: Just left the quilt museum. It was a spectacular display of creativity and dedication to the art form. Amazing murals on the flood control wall by the Ohio River; beautiful buildings on the downtown square in Paducah (unfortunately closed on Monday). Cocoa enjoyed seeing the quilts and walking through the town. Tomorrow, she gets to go to the AKC Museum of the Dog in St. Louis.

By the way, I love my new short, short, short haircut. (I know you thought it was short before ). I don't even have to comb it and no gel or hairspray. Saves me a lot of time each morning. I highly recommend it.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: