Sunday, September 18, 2011

What I Cannot Do Without and It's Embarrassing




This is the inside of the trailer and you are looking at our seven inch television. We scoffed at this little TV when we purchased the trailer and said things like, "It doesn't matter that it's so small. We won't use it anyway. We will read or sketch or journal." Well, it's true. When we have a lay-over for more than one night, we actually read or sketch or journal. Sometimes, we even blog.

However, on those days when we drive almost four hundred miles and reach our campsite at almost sundown, we hook up the electric, eat dinner, and collapse. On those days, we long for TV. Television allows us to just veg, sit back and be catatonic, not talk, snooze, and certainly not read, sketch, or journal.

The problem with this TV was that we had never hooked it up to cable. So it never worked. Well, I got desperate, mainly for weather because we were in Nebraska and the campground had a tornado siren. Therefore, I wanted to watch the weather channel. Wal Mart, here I come. I bought a coaxial cable, did a channel scan, and lo and behold, we have cable TV. And a good thing too. A really big storm blew through and we watched the TV to see if we had to go into the shelter. We didn't. I'm an alarmist about things like that. But now we have about thirty or forty channels at whatever campground we frequent.

I'm really embarrassed to admit it, but I need my TV. Seven inches and all.























3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Hi Shirley. How fun that you are going here and there in your travel trailer. It must be nice. I like your little TV. Smart you to know how to hook it up. Yay for women!! Have a wonderful week. Take care.

Connie said...

I almost had to go take care of my mother-in-law for several days, which I would gladly do. But she has no internet and I wasn't sure how I would manage! I started making plans for who's house I could go to or how often I could get to the library. Don't be embarrassed. I sympathize!

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

this sure looks like a cozy space...or is is crowded? OH same thing :-) Obviously I can relate. It really is amazing how much we can live without, isn't it?