Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Thinking of a Warmer Place

In this cold weather, I can't help but think about our time in Mexico with the sun, the birds, and the walks down hilly streets. These stairs lead to a warm terrace where we sat for hours listening to myriad hummingbirds drinking nectar from the flowers on the trees nearby. We could see the entire city of San Miguel while we drank coffee in the morning and wine throughout the afternoon. It is memories such as these that will get us through the winter. In the meantime, there's the terrace, the hummingbirds, and San Miguel. (Photograph available on Etsy)

3 comments:

Minx's Den said...

Hi Shirl!

I have always wanted to take a trip down to Mexico, I can just imagine it now, warm air, beautiful flowers that hold the deepest colors never seen anywhere else, luscious greenery, good food, wonderful people, it is all just barely out of my reach...and you said you are experienceing 28 degrees in florida??? my goodness! the cold is just everywhere! hope you stay warm shirl! Thank you for your lovely comment!

Love,
Lauren

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

you are not the only one thinking fondly of SMA. For the last two days i miss the cool mornings and sunny days, the smell of people cleaning their sidewalks with fabuloso, the mexican music floating out of doorways, the dusty streets filled with 'buenos dias'...it is physically painful to miss a place so much. it makes me know for certain that i am ready to return.

kansasrose said...

I've been dreaming of places like this. Lovely, green, hot, sweet smelling flowered places like this. Great photo! This morning it was -4. I crave the warmth of sun like I crave tons of chocolate this time of year.