Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Word For The Year

I am reading many blogs wherein bloggers select a word for the year instead of making a New Year's resolution. Rather than make a resolution that is often difficult to keep, the selection of a word can guide our course throughout the year in many areas of life.

This year, my word is Gratitude: the state of being grateful; thankfulness.

In times like these, it is easy to concentrate on the negativity around me as I listen to people complain or wish away their lives. I am determined not to be that kind of person. I feel great gratitude for all that blesses my life and want to remember everyday how fortunate I am.

I want to remember the lesson of Eckhart Tolle in his book, The New Earth; that all we have is this moment-- today. We must not live in the regrets of yesterday or in the anxieties of tomorrow. We have today and for today, with gratitude, I have all that I need.


2 comments:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

i hear you and i agree completely.
have i told you recently how much your person amazes me? you do. thank you for that positive influence in my life.

Minx's Den said...

Well said, Shirl! Gratitude is a strong, great word. Got your watercolor collage in the mail today! I love it so much, Shirl! It now hangs in my office proudly showing it's colors to me! I gave you a very positive feedback (of course) and I even blogged about it! Thank you so much, my friend! Have a good weekend!

Love,
Lauren

xoxo