Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Of Vision Boards, Retreats, and Solitude

This weekend, I went to visit a dear friend in Melrose, Florida. I had never been to Melrose even though it is scarcely less than an hour away from my home. My friend has the soul of an artist but is so busy in her work, that she never really gets the opportunity to explore that side of herself. And so, I took all of the makings for a vision board, several art magazines, many articles about creativity, scissors, and glue.
We spent the day having brunch, talking, talking, and talking; then we worked on our vision boards and I took photographs of this beautiful setting to sketch later in my little sketch and watercolor book. After this wonderful day of visiting, creating art, and fishing with a cane pole and wiggly worms, I felt that I had truly gone on a retreat.
Our next adventure is to plan a women's discovery retreat for October and I can hardly wait.

3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Oh that looks like a great place for a retreat. I don't think I've ever gone on a retreat. When I feel bummed out, I usually just retreat to my backyard, but actually "getting away" does sound enticing. Thank you for sharing your fun days. Take care.

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

wowza! this place looks like heaven! I could do with sitting on that dock, having a beer and definitely some boiled peanuts too!

amelia said...

When I need a retreat I turn the ringer off on my phone and knit!!

Yours looks like a much nicer place to have a retreat than mine!!!