Thursday, December 31, 2009

Book of Beauty

Of the many and varied books that I own, The World of Tasha Tudor is the one I go back to time and time again. I have two of her books and I never tire of looking at the beautiful photographs and imagining how it was that she lived. Tasha Tudor lived in Vermont in a house built for her by her son. She lived an old-fashioned life style without electricity much in the same way that her ancestors lived on the same land.
Tasha Tudor's gardens were splendid and her animals were many. She raised goats and Corgi dogs, using them as models for the illustrations in the books she wrote and illustrated for children; she also had a parrot and a horse. In the dead of winter, she wore a long, hooded, red cape as she traveled back and forth to the barn. It was a stark contrast to the white snow piled up against the out-buildings.
I often think it would have been lovely to have spent the day with Tasha Tudor. But instead, I go there often in my books. Happy New Year everyone.

3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Shirley, Happy New Years!

That is one book I would love to get and in fact if I can find it I will. By the way, the beautiful Tasha has left this world and is no longer with us. I've read that now her siblings etc., have been fighting over the estate. How tragic.

GlorV1 said...

Shirley, after reading your post I went to Amazon and found the book plus a dvd with her and I had to order them both. Thanks for reminding me about her. I look forward to receiving the book and dvd. Have a great week.

amelia said...

She sounds like a very intersting woman. The picture on your blog is very eye catching!! How did you do that? It is 3D isn't it?