Saturday, June 5, 2010

Thrifting


I took my weekly trip to my favorite thrift store today and got lucky again. After sifting through bins after bin of sewing notions, I came across a bag that contained these three vintage packages of rick rack and bias trim. I did a little research and found out that they were sold by JC Penney in the 1930's. Also in the bag were three brand new pieces of tailor's chalk which we still use around here because we are old and learned how to sew about a million years ago. I haven't decided yet what I'll do with these three lovelies. I may use the labels for collage or I may simply sell these in my Etsy Vintage Shop.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

What a great idea to repurpose the labels...I know I have thrown some treasures away in the past! I won't from now on - thanks for the tip.

GlorV1 said...

Awesome Shirley! I think they would be great in collage but I also think the labels would sell in Etsy pretty quick. You are a great shopper. :) Have a great Sunday.

Decor To Adore said...

What sweet packages!