Saturday, May 29, 2010

Accidental Meadow

I have an accidental meadow at the entrance to my house. The coreopsis flowers that have begun to bloom in the past week began as plants that looked like weeds in early spring. I have learned each year that if I wait long enough and leave them alone (a very hard thing for me), they will bloom in great profusion as summer begins.
This year, I have an abundance of coreopsis in the Entry Garden. I didn't plant them; they planted themselves as they sowed their seeds across the property into every nook and cranny of the yard. The butterflies, moths, and dragonflies love this little meadow. I love it too. It makes me smile every time I enter the front gate. It's like a little gift of tiny yellow kisses.

1 comment:

GlorV1 said...

I think that it's a beautiful gift for you when you come home and see the yellow just smiling at you. I'm happy for you. Have a great week.