Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Art In The Window

We bought a new piece of art while in North Carolina. We haven't bought art in a really long time and hadn't intended to come home with anything this time. But we visited a beautiful gallery and once we were in there, this began to call our names. It was hanging in a very small window within the gallery and we just thought it needed to be liberated and shown in a larger space. So, even though we are trying to pare down our belongings, we decided that we were not dead yet and so bought the piece. We are so glad we did. However, just so you know, we left two of our belongings in North Carolina in order to make room for something new. That's our new philosophy.
We left our old gas grill next to the dumpster at the campground. And we donated a large back pillow (brand new but didn't work in the trailer) to a thrift store at the Crossnore School. More about this school in a future post. It is a wonderful residential school that is creating a place of safety for very needy, struggling children in the North Carolina mountains. In the meantime, we will garner joy from our stained glass each time we look at it.

3 comments:

amelia said...

That is a very lovely piece!! I have a little stained glass but I'd really like a lot but it is very expensive. Here anyway!
Yours is really very beautiful..

I too and trying to rid myself of 'stuff'!! I keep asking myself if one of my kids will want this item and if the answer is no, then out it goes!

GlorV1 said...

I like that too Shirley. I've always wanted to take a class in stained glass and perhaps one day I will.I am doing that right now, getting rid of "stuff." Accumulation of years just piles up when one doesn't get rid of things that aren't beein used. Take care.

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

i like the plan of trading out an old things for a new. very good!