Thursday, November 3, 2011

Home

We are home and happy to be back in our little digs. I always say that one of the wonderful things about going away is coming back. It always gives me an appreciation of my home and space and, while modest, seeming luxurious after living for two months in our little trailer. Even Cocoa loves being back in her place. When she realized we were home, she ran to the back door and ran circles around and around in her backyard pen. She is back in her favorite chair and remembers all of the routines that result in treats.

We spent yesterday unpacking all of the food from the trailer. Today, we will probably unpack the laundry and bedding.

The Honda has a dead battery even though we had a friend come and start it two or three times per week. However, the birds were taken care of and the lawn is cut and trimmed so everything looks beautiful. It's hard to believe that while we were driving our eight thousand miles, the weeks were making their way toward Thanksgiving. The holidays are upon us, aren't they? It's really easy to be separated from reality on a long trip. It will take me a few days to ease back in to the routine of "now".

In the meantime, I will be out in the garden with my coffee, talking to the birds and the plants. Later, I will begin the weeding......a mindless task that gives me "think" time. Right now, the sun is coming up, the dog is asleep in her chair, and I'm making my second trip to the coffee pot. It's good to be home.

No comments: