Thursday, November 10, 2011

Just An Ordinary Day in Paradise

I'm of the mind that one shouldn't really complain a lot on a blog. Folks don't really want to hear all about negative stuff. However, I have just had it with Bright House network. Since January, when I decided to go digital, I have had problems with my televisions. The digital boxes have been a pain, having to be re-programmed anytime the power goes off or the tv gets unplugged. I've had to use two different remotes, which is annoying, and this week, when I disconnected the digital box in the living room, the television in the bedroom turned off.

This story could get very long and monotonous. However, cutting to the chase, I had both digital boxes removed. I really don't care that my picture is a little grainy--we can't see that well anyway. The entire world is a little grainy if you ask me. I don't care that I can't get OWN network anymore. I thought I could not live without Oprah but the truth is, I will be just fine, thank you very much.

We made a conscious decision to take the television out of the living room in order to create an area that encourages conversation. We have removed the television cabinet, rearranged the furniture, and are very excited about the way the room looks. We feel a certain sense of freedom no longer having to worry about our digital cable boxes and when they will decide not to work. We are back to only one remote that we understand.

It's been an extremely busy week. We have rearranged the house, made arrangements to have the house painted the week after Thanksgiving, are having new hardware installed on two exterior doors, and are re-thinking our landscaping to make it less labor intensive. We have ordered an additional rug for the living room area and are waiting to have some furniture picked up to consign at a store downtown. Good thing we went on a long trip because we don't know how to relax here at home. On the bright side though, we took the bicycles to the shop today for a tune-up and new tires. Look out! There will soon be two old women on the loose on mountain bikes somewhere in Ocala.

2 comments:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

firstly, i LOVE the new photo at the top of your blog. WOW!
secondly, you are NOT kidding about being busy. i am in awe of how much you have accomplished this week! go girl! and for the record, i ditched my dsl yesterday because at&t stinks. yay! one less bill :-)

Connie said...

I hate digital tv. The signal freezes and breaks up. When we first moved here it was so bad we would lose a couple of hours tv at night until the cable company finally found the problem.
Good for you in your simpler lifestyle. (Oh, btw, i find I miss Oprah more than i thought I would, but I want her more than OWN)