Friday, February 24, 2012

A Blank Slate

My project for spring is to convert part of my garden shed into a studio for myself. I find that I need a space "all my own" in which to create, be alone, and dream. I have a wonderful shed that I have used for gardening purposes for the past ten years. But now, the gardening part of me will just have to share with the artist part of me.

I have begun clearing out the half of the shed that I will use for a studio. I selected the side with the two windows so that I will have natural light. I am also having electricity put into the shed so that I can operate a light, a small, air conditioner (after all, this is Florida), and a small heater in the cold months. This post is the first in the series of transformation. I am collecting paint samples but before I paint with a snazzy color, I have to paint with primer in order to cover the unfinished boards. I am extremely excited about this project but have to balance it with planting the vegetable garden and getting the yard ready for spring. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

GlorV1 said...

Oh I will stay tuned. I love to see tranformations. Have fun. I look forward to the next post on it. Take care.