Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Strange Country Stuff

Let's hear it for the tomato plants. I paid one dollar each at the Farmer's Market just to experiment because I never have luck with tomatoes. And here they are, turning red and looking pretty decent. Of course, I have brought them in and taken them out and brought them in and taken them out on the really frosty nights. And who knew that if you hang red cloth on the cages, the tomatoes remember that they are supposed to turn red!
I really hate frogs. However, this guy was pretty cute sitting on the edge of the birdbath and I thought he looked like a competitive swimmer ready to take off into a backstroke from the edge of a pool.
I think he might be channeling Greg Luganis or Michael Phelps.
And then, there's the red bud tree. It obviously does not realize that it is still winter and is beginning to bloom in great profusion. The weather is weird this year. Good thing we had some winter on our trip or we would have had no winter at all.
You know what comes next, right? The appearance of the hummers. Yeah, boy!!

No comments: