Sunday, December 28, 2008

Esperanza Makes An Appearance

Here she is again, my Esperanza (© 2008), the outrageous, artistic, "little bit different", figment of my imagination. I don't typically blog twice in the same day but since I'm not working for the next week, I thought I should take advantage of having extra time. This was a fun project to do and I listed it today on etsy. I began with a watercolor wash and proceeded from there, adding the drawing and collage embellishments. I especially like the bird in Esperanza's hair.

3 comments:

Minx's Den said...

Hey Shirl! love it! those birds add a nice child-like innocence to the piece...I am onto new projects myself...throw pillows! my ma gave a sewing machine for xmas, and I'm putting it to good use! have a wonderful wekk, I will be checking, as always! Love ya

xoxoxo
Lauren

Minx's Den said...

arrr! it's wonderful week, not wekk! I cannot type today! hehe!

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

i was wondering where esperanza was these days! i like her look, great color choices! and sometimes i too need to be in my own little world :-)