Saturday, March 13, 2010

Play Day

We had a play day today and it was all about Spring. Well, the first part was actually about pizza but the rest was about Spring. We went in search of a new pizza place in order to continue our ongoing pizza research project. That sounds esoteric, doesn't it? Good!! Anyway, we wanted to try Blue Highway Pizza in Micanopy, a little town about 30 minutes from here. We arrived before the really big Saturday crowd and were not disappointed. The thin crust pizza was fabulous and we will definitely return since it was clearly some of the best pizza we've ever had. After lunch, we stopped at our favorite nursery in Gainesville where we found an array of beautiful annuals. I brought home a tray of petunias which I will plant tomorrow. In addition, we selected some seeds for the vegetable garden.
It as a great day; warmer than it's been in months, sunny, and breezy. The nursery was crowded with folks tired of winter and ready to plant just about anything. Upon arriving home, I found the first hummingbird at the back feeder. What could be more perfect....it is officially Spring.

4 comments:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

this sounds like exactly the kind of day to make you smile! It made me smile just reading about it!

amelia said...

Can't wait for our hummers to return. Trouble is that about the same time, the black flies come as well!!

GlorV1 said...

Hi Shirley. We get a lot of hummingbirds in our yard. Even right now they are flocking to the sound of water in our yard and actually taking baths. Hope all is okay, I'm trying to catch up a little before I leave tomorrow. I have lettuce growing too. It is so nice to have your own veggies growing. Take care and have a great week.

Connie said...

I love play days and you know how to do them. When you travel through here, you will have to continue your Pizza search. Plenty of Italians around here, and they all have their version!
Your play day reminded me of my "pretty" time. On my way home from work during a really hectic time, I would feel a need for serenity and I would stop in Hallmark and just browse for half an hour, taking in the fragrances, the quiet music,and look at the plaques and nature stuff. Then I'd go home, relaxed.