Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wishful Thinking

No, this is not what my garden looks like now. If I were to photograph my garden, all you would see is brown sticks. Actually my garden looks as if I have taken a blow torch to it, that's all I can say. This photograph was taken in Vancouver during the month of May on a trip to Alaska. However, I remain eternally optimistic and each day, I search for buds and signs of green. I anxiously anticipate the return of the hummingbirds even though they were already here by this time last year.

2 comments:

amelia said...

We are still well and truly snow covered! Nothing is peeking out yet as the snow is still too deep. It's cold too!!
It's about this time of year that I really would like to see the flowers but I don't want the snow to go either!

GlorV1 said...

Hi Shirley. I love the way flowers look clumped together. Hey, maybe some day you will all those flowers growing in your garden. Have a great weekend, take care.