Saturday, May 22, 2010

Worth Mentioning

How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.

This framed sampler was a gift from one of my friends in celebration of my impending retirement. I am not normally of fan of things like this but I loved this the moment I saw it. Doesn't it almost sound like something Winnie the Pooh would say? I don't really plan or expect to be doing nothing. However, I do like to rest a lot, especially after a long bit of work in the yard or after an intense art session. We are planning to hang this little treasure in the travel trailer, where we will be doing a lot of resting and ruminating.

I also got very lucky at my favorite thrift store today. I have been searching for an old Scrabble game for a very long time because I want to use some of the tiles in my art and on some of my vintage tags. Two weeks ago, when I took my soldering class, I found out that Scrabble tiles are very good to use for solder practice as their edges are just about the perfect size. And so today, I just took a stroll to the game section, like I do EVERY time I'm in the thrift store. Except this time, my game was there. I am so pumped!!

3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

I love Scrabble Shirley. I always enjoyed playing. My husband doesn't care to play. I played with a Scrabble game I had. That's a very nice gift you received. Enjoy your retirement. Take care.

amelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amelia said...

Spelling mistake above, had to correct it!!

I just LOVE that sampler and I thing that every retiree should have one!! and you're right, Winnie the Pooh would say just that!!!