Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Do I Look Fat In This Outfit?

I don't know about you but every time I try on an outfit, I ask myself if I look fat in it. Is that just something that women do? Or do men do that also? Ever since I was a young girl, I was worried about my weight. Are my thighs too fat? What about my hips? Are they too wide? How many calories are in this? Should I eat it?

I think about food all the time. Not just that I want to eat; I think about the fact that I should not eat something. I am always worried about the number of calories in everything. Sometimes, I don't even enjoy what I'm eating because I am worried about the caloric content. My best days are when I'm really thin but then I worry that I won't stay that way and, sure enough, I don't.

I just love to eat. and I wish that one day, I wouldn't worry about what I eat and what I look like. I have always had a little dimple on my upper left thigh. I have had this little dimple as long as I can remember. No matter how thin I get, the dimple is always there and I have always hated it. When I was very young and a majorette, I worried that everyone was looking at this dimple. Now at an old age with cellulite that is crawling down toward my knees, I still worry about this dimple. And it's like, "who cares?". But I care. I will probably be 90 years old and wondering if everyone is looking at this dimple on my thigh.

So I guess it's all about perfection and imperfection. I believe that if I didn't have this little dimple, I would be perfect. Wow, that's really arrogant, don't you think? But, seriously, do you think I look fat in this outfit?

8 comments:

amelia said...

I have yet to meet a woman with a great body image. We all think we're too fat and I am!!!

GlorV1 said...

No Shirley, it doesn't make you look fat, you are purrfect and that dimple is too. Nice to read you. Have a great Thursday.

Connie said...

Body image. What a pain! And we all do it. The silliest part is that we spend much more time thinking about how we look than the people who look at us. I know I do. You sound just like me. I hate my middle. And everyday I'm bound and determined to do something about it...but it's still there. :)

Tami Chappell said...

Is this Shirley Gonzales-Day, former grant program director of Marion County Reading First?

GlorV1 said...

PS...I like your new look on your blog.

Shirley Gonzalez-Day said...

Yes, Tami Chappell, it's one and the same. How the heck are you and I am now retired.

Tami Chappell said...

Yeah... You could have told me. Do you still have my email or phone. I'd love to hear from you.

Shirley Gonzalez-Day said...

Do you have a blog? My email is
sgonzalezday@gmail.com

Write to me.