Monday, August 30, 2010

Is It Just Me?

Is it just me or was there just a little tiny bit of autumn in the air this morning? I know I can smell it and feel it when nobody else can but I swear there was a little tinge of coolness in the air. I went out on the back step with my cup of coffee and watched many, many birds cavort at the feeders. My hair was almost rendered even shorter by two hummingbirds who came very, very close. I saw a warbler that has never been here before. My daughter Shannon says I am never satisfied with the weather. I think she is right. However, I am anxious for a little cool weather. So as far as I'm concerned, I think I felt a little autumn in the air this morning.

2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

I've been smelling Fall. I love Fall, I feel Fall, I want to be Fall! I wait patiently for this season. I can hardly wait. No, you are not mistaken, Fall is in the air. Take care Shirley.

Connie said...

It is Sept. 1 here and 90+ for the 3rd straight day. Most Northerners are ready for fall!I think we might get a little taste this weekend. My plants hope so.