Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday Morning

It is Saturday morning and already raining. We were awakened before 6am by the dog, who is afraid of thunder. It's a funny thing about rain. I really love it. However, I think I was trained at a very young age that one doesn't go out if its raining. I have always hesitated to leave the house on a rainy day and I find that, as I get older, rain is definitely a reason to postpone going out. Is that a Spanish tradition or something? To stay home in the rain?

Living in Florida, I could stay home all summer if I adopted this practice. It rains almost everyday here between July and the end of August. Such a habit would never work in the world of work. "Yes, I'm calling in sick because it's raining." Wonder how long I would have kept a job doing something like that? I have plans to go to Tampa today to visit my elderly aunt. I haven't seen her in two or three months so it's important that I go. And so, if it is still raining at departure time, I think I will be a big girl, get my umbrella, and go anyway. Good thing I don't live in Seattle.

4 comments:

amelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amelia said...

Rain is good and it's good to go out in too!! I have always loved being out in the rain but then maybe it's the British in me..

That was me above, Too many typos!!

elizabethrosasjewelry said...

the rain in Seattle is nothing like the rain in Florida... it's kinda of a mellow rain, chilled out if you will. Walking in the rain is normal there--everyone is out doing their business.

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

beautiful picture!
a misty rain took a lot of getting used to. growing up in florida where rain is always a deluge!
good for you for getting out in ti!