Sunday, August 22, 2010

Not Exactly Sanitary

Now we know that this is not exactly sanitary nor would it pass inspection in a commercial food kitchen. However, for Cocoa, this is just what needs to happen after Janet mixes and packs Cocoa's food for the week. You see, Cocoa is a dog that is fed the Raw Meaty Bone diet or RMB for short. That means that she eats raw chicken every day along with raw mince mixed by Janet. The mince is a mixture of either ground turkey or beef, alfalfa, pumpkin or carrots, probiotics, and various other ingredients. Yes, we know that Cocoa is spoiled. But she is also one of the healthiest dogs we have ever had and has never needed to have her teeth cleaned. But I digress. After Janet mixes and packs the mince, Cocoa gets to lick the bowl. As you can see, she is very enthusiastic about this task, even putting her front feet into it!! I was allowed to lick the bowl from cake and custard when I was a little girl. But my mother never, ever allowed me to put my feet into the bowl.

3 comments:

amelia said...

I think this is cute!!

We have four big dogs and our smallest, Charlie, is my dishwasher pre rinse cycle!! He's sixty pounds but still manages to get in and lick everything clean before I wash it all!!

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

remind me, when i visit, never to use those bowls :-)

Shirley Gonzalez-Day said...

I should have let you know that these are Cocoa's bowls. Human feet never touch them. LOL