Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Remains of the Day

All the food is put away and the cookie cans are closed. But there is this little bit of sangria with brandy-soaked fruit that cannot possibly go to waste. I am wondering how it would taste as a hot punch later on in the evening since it is such a cold, damp day here today. We had a wonderful Christmas meal of authentic Cuban food and authentic Cuban flan. LeeAnn, Maria, and friends were lovely guests and my favorite gift was an Epcot day with LeeAnn that I will cash in during the New Year. We have been taking turns being sick around here but I have learned through years of experience, that Christmas is only a day and that Christmas can come anytime you open your heart to it. Thanks girls, for a wonderful day yesterday--not only my girls who were physically here but also my girls that live away. Happy Holidays Everyone.

4 comments:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

yes, yes drink it warm!!!!!
merry christmas mama
i love you

amelia said...

Your Christmas sounds peaceful and happy.

I too am sick and spent Christmas Eve in bed, managed to get through the day and today have been in bed again and will be going back shortly.

Would you share your recipe for Sangria? Hot and cold? I'd love to try it as I don't like plain red wine at all.

Minx's Den said...

what a great xmas! glad you got to spend time with your loved ones near and far! I was feeling kinda icky on xmas eve night, but was better by the morning...at least you got a head start on putting things away, I just got back from kansas and traveling makes me so worn out!!! i hope 2011 brings many blessings to you shirl!

GlorV1 said...

Hi Shirley. Glad to hear your Christmas was good and you got to spend time with family. That drink looks great and I too wonder how it would taste warm. I'll have to try that sometime. Take care.