Monday, December 27, 2010

Sorry Guys

"Wait Mom, don't put us away just yet!"

"Sorry guys, Christmas is over and you are considered decorations. Decorations at this house go up fast and come down fast. We've had a lovely time together but too much familiarity often breeds contempt ( I think Shakespeare might have said that). And so I will put you away with your Moose brothers and sisters for another year."

"But I want to thank you for always giving us a lift and helping us to remember our child-like selves. Each time we take you out of your box, we snuggle up to you and remember when and where you were born ( or bought). So, thank you for that and we'll see you again next year sometime after Thanksgiving."

"In the meantime, sleep tight and stay warm."

3 comments:

amelia said...

Isn't that so true? I don't have many decorations but when they come out each year I always reminisce about years gone by.

I love teddy bears and one of our five dogs is Teddy for obvious reasons and he loves to cuddle even though he's over eighty pounds. He leans right into my face when I cuddle him. No better feeling..

Minx's Den said...

I just took down all of my xmas decor yesterday, it always makes me sad ding that every year, that xmas seems to go by so darn fast!

GlorV1 said...

Oh how sweet Shirley. I have about 5 teddy bears and a real big one that I got for Xmas about 15 years ago.:) I haven't taken my deco's down yet, but will soon. Take care, enjoy your week.