Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Morning On The Farm

It is Sunday morning and Santa is standing in charge of the living room decorations. I think he looks an awful lot like Dumbledore from Harry Potter. Now, mind you, I have not seen any of the Harry Potter movies but this is what I think Dumbledore should look like in my own imagination. I don't know what to make of the penguins and children but I suppose I could conjure up a story with them also. Perhaps Dumbledore will cast a magic spell and create owls from penguins and sorcerers from children. Stranger things have happened at Hogwarts, you must admit.

Back to reality, it is a cloudy, dreary day outside. But I am sitting with a dog in my lap just having chopped all of the onions, garlic, and carrots for a large pot of split pea soup. There is flan in the oven and all is pretty much right with world right about now. Happy Sunday before Christmas.

3 comments:

Connie said...

I think your Santa looks very much like Dumbledore and I have seen the movies. The star in his hand helps.
If you get a chance, see the movies. They are very well done.
The split pea soup sounds good. I have a pot of chili on to warm us up on this very chilly day! And Maggie is snuggled up in her bed.
Merry Christmas!

Minx's Den said...

what a cool santa! he does remind me of dumbledore! hope you have a merry Christmas, Shirl! <3

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

dead ringer for Dumbledore!