Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Unbelievable Likeness

While surfing the net prior to my trip to Cuba, I came across this picture entitled, "Street in Havana, Cuba". Now normally, there would be nothing unusual about a photograph such as this except that it looks exactly like my father. My father died in 2005 and had never been to Cuba although his mother was born there. I was stunned to see that his gene pool is still thriving in Havana. It's not just the face, because that is almost exact. It's the cap that he always wore that is identical to the one in the picture. It is the thin, tall body and the way his hands are resting on his lap. It is the way his clothes just hang on his body and it is the very fashionable shoes--always a wardrobe staple. It is the pronounced chin that I carry also as my profile. The only part of the picture that doesn't fit is the bicycle. My father never learned to ride a bicycle although it would have made his coffee deliveries a lot easier when he was a young teenager. If I ever doubted that I am part Cuban, this photograph would affirm my heritage. This is my father's clone. All he needs is a pair of reading glasses, a cup of Cuban coffee, and a well-made Cuban cigar.

1 comment:

GlorV1 said...

Hi Shirley. Strange, very strange. They say we all have a twin somewhere and perhaps this could have been you dear dad's twin? So many things happen in this life, we really don't know the real story behind everythig. Bless you. Have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year! Take care