Sunday, January 1, 2012

Contemplating Our New Year's Resolutions

Here I sit, contemplating our New Year's resolutions. I always sit with my little paws crossed when I am in deep thought. My moms think I'm just about the cutest thing they've ever seen. They have made resolutions to meditate and walk everyday and to engage in an artistic pursuit at least once per week.

I am not of artistic leanings so I have decided to meditate while my moms are eating their breakfast. I, of course, will be meditating on the cheese that I get after everyone is finished.

I could walk everyday and I guess I already do, so that takes care of that. I guess I will add an extra few minutes of sleep to my morning; spend more time in nature; and notice more squirrels when I am in the out-of-doors. I only bark when I see squirrels so that will give my voice some exercise. I could resolve to pay more attention to the TV in the evening instead of snoring in the chair but that would not suit my need for a lot of extra rest. It's a dog's life here in the country. Can't you tell?

2 comments:

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

I love your perspective little dog

GlorV1 said...

Don't we just love our family pet members, as I call them. He does look like he is meditating Shirley.:) Just stopped by to wish you and yours a Happy New Year as well as prosperous. Enjoy.