Friday, January 27, 2012

The Rosemary Branch

Here is what remains of the rosemary plant I brought to Ocala from Brandon. I planted this plant when I first began gardening in the backyard of our Brandon home. It grew unfettered into a very nice size plant and when I moved to Ocala, I dug it up and brought it with me. I made the mistake of transplanting rosemary to a spot right by the house next to the back steps.

There she grew, doing very well, until our gopher tortoise decided to make a den right next to her. It was at that point that I decided to dig rosemary up and put her in a large pot. Well, she didn't like that very much; in fact, she didn't like that at all!! And so, this summer, she croaked. However, when I was pulling her up by the roots, I noticed what a lovely shape her final branches took. The wood is very gnarly, she shows signs of her age while, at the same time, making a statement of the fine life she has lived. I keep her in a red bowl now on the coffee table in the living room. Rest in "piece" Rosemary.

1 comment:

elizabethrosasjewelry said...

I love that branch, a fine piece of art. You can hang it like a mobile too.