Thursday, April 29, 2010

In A Beach State of Mind

As I sit here drinking my coffee this morning, listening to the bluebirds chirp right outside my window, I am wishing I was at the beach. Even though it is forty-four degrees outside and barely feels like spring, I could enjoy being at the beach. As I wind down my work days with just ten weeks to go, I am having a great deal of trouble remaining focused on work . My brain wants to run and play and draw and paste. I may have an art day this Saturday just to give myself a preview of my new life. It is hard to contain anticipation.

4 comments:

amelia said...

That must be so hard!! I know when I was due to retire it couldn't come fast enough!! Time dragged so slowly and now it's been six years and I'm wondering where the time went!!

GlorV1 said...

Hi Shirley. Hope all is well with you. I thought of you this morning when I looked at the Frida doll and wondered how your "retirement" plans were coming along. I'm taking some "quick" time at my mom's neighbors to catch up a little bit. My mom doesn't have computer/internet access so the neighbor invited me over for coffee and I took my laptop along. Tee hee. Time does fly by but if it does for you I hope that each day will be a joyful and fulfilling one. Not much longer to go and you will be flying high.:) Take care, I better go.

Shannon & Elizabeth said...

it sounds as though your brain is winding down from one mode, and easing into another. you gave it permission and off it went!!!
being at the beach...ah...i understand that call.
get there.

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

Hi, I love your bowl of shells. I am actually at the beach for a week and have a little sunburn. Waiting to get settled in and set up a place for my art journal and some sewing. Hope your ten weeks go quickly.