Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rainy, Rainy Day

Happy Thoughts Today:

* Had a really powerful thunderstorm today and the truck bed stayed dry!!
* Lunch with my friend Pam at BD Beans. Spinach and feta quiche with side salad. Yum. Pam said that even though she seldom sees me, I am in her head giving her advice and guiding her along her way. So sweet!
* Found out today that the new Oxford English Dictionary is eliminating the phrase
"cassette tape" in order to include words such as "sexting" and "whoot". What is this world coming to?
* Took a nap
* Ate some wonderful lemon cake, baked by Janet. (There's that food fetish again.)
* Actually encouraged the dog to "go potty" before it rains again. This, my friends, is a virtual miracle.
* My "Liddle Griddle" arrived today and it is just as wonderful as I thought it would be. Let the trailer cooking begin!
* And not to be outdone by any of you in the food department, I am going now to eat dinner: garlic chicken, also made by Janet. Let's hear it for Janet!!

No comments: